For gamers, the amount of accessories and products designed to enhance your playing experience are nearly endless. For a serious gamer, there are few things more important than having a comfortable, ergonomic chair to support you during long and arduous playing sessions. Each chair offers different looks, comfort, and features. Some are even designed for specific games. The best gaming chairs offer luxurious features, like heated seats, massage, and extendable leg and head rests.
The good news for gamers is that the gaming chair market has grown rapidly in the past few years. As the market has grown, gaming chairs have become more than just a place to sit. They’re designed for not only comfort and luxury, but also to increase your overall gaming performance. They come in a wide range of styles and designs, so ultimately the choice comes down to personal preference. Your gaming chair will also reflect your gaming style of choice, as some chairs are designed for PC gaming (desk chairs), and some are made mainly for console gamers (rocker or pedestal chairs).
Whether you’re a casual gamer who plays a few hours a week or a hardcore gamer who grinds away for long hours every night, having the right gaming chair can greatly enhance the experience while saving your back, neck and butt from pain. The best gaming chairs guide below highlights some of the top models on the market today.
If you’re looking for the best gaming chairs, read on.
- Best Gaming Chairs
- Cheap Gaming Chairs
- 1. More4Homes Caesar 10 IN 1 Winged Leather Gaming Chair
- 2. GT Omega Pro Racing Office Chair
- 3. Cherry Tree Racing Gaming Chair
- 4. Cherry Tree Racing Sport Swivel Office Chair
- 5. GTFORCE Blaze Sports Racing Chair
- 6. CTF Racing Sport Chair
- 7. X-Rocker Vision Pro 2.1 Wireless Gaming Chair
- Gaming Bean Bag Chairs
- The Best Gaming Chairs – Features to Consider
Best Gaming Chairs
|Product||Built in Speakers||Wireless Feature||Price|
Cheap Gaming Chairs
Gaming chairs come in all different sizes and styles, and the cost of buying one can vary massively, depending on what you want and what you want your chair to do! Below we have provided in depth reviews of some of the best gaming chairs on the market today. Just remember, budget does not mean cheap, and if you go for any of these budget chairs, you will not be disappointed!
1. More4Homes Caesar 10 IN 1 Winged Leather Gaming Chair
(4.4 / 5)
This gaming chair earns our top spot for its long list of awesome features and supreme comfort. This is the ultimate chair for any hardcore gamer, as it’s built to comfortably carry you through long gaming sessions. Real, super soft leather sits on top of pillow back support and foam armrests, allowing you to sink blissfully into this reclining chair. It’s also has a winged, padded backrest for comfort and ergonomic support in any seating position. It’s also a rocker, and has 360 degrees of swivel.
The Caesar 10 in 1 is the most advanced and luxurious, feature wise, in our best gaming chairs guide. It’s heated, has an 8-point massage unit, and also has a cup holder on each arm. It also has sizeable storage pockets on each side that are big enough for Xbox and Playstation controllers. It’s electrical and wiring units are tucked away discreetly at the base of the chair. All told, this chair can hold its own amongst luxury reclining chairs, not just gaming chairs.
- Real, premium stiched leather upholstery
- 8-point massage unit to reach upper, middle, lower back and neck
- Heater element for warmth and comfort
- 360 degree swivel base
- Fully reclinable
- Two cup holders, one per arm rest
- Lumbar support throughout back and armrest
- Manual recline mechanism not as smooth an electrical
- Closer to a traditional recliner chair than a gaming chair
PriceThis chair is at the top of the best gaming chairs guide and the price reflects that. It’s one of the more expensive options, which is not a surprise considering it’s a big comfortable recliner with many luxurious features. The Caesar 10 in 1 offers the best combination of comfort and features and is a top pick for any serious gamer.
2. GT Omega Pro Racing Office Chair
(4.8 / 5)
The GT Omega Pro is a stylistic departure from the More4Homes model. This gaming chair is made in an office chair manner, as opposed to a reclining chair. It’s shaped as a deep-seated, deep-sided chair that offers all-day or all-night lumbar support. Part of this support comes from the cold-molded foam inserts that are superb at maintaining their ergonomic shape. This chair also has a sturdy metal frame that feels solid and adds a touch of craftsmanship to the design. It’s robust and suited for long hours of sitting, which is why this chair is our second highest ranked of the best gaming chairs.
Even though this chair has traditional office chair design, the GT Omega Pro is very adjustable. It’s height and tilt adjustable. It also has a recliner lever, offering 90 degrees of adjustment. As an added touch, it includes a removable head rest pillow for additional lumbar support. The 4-way adjustable armrests are also removable, which is helpful for fitting into tight desks or workstations. In total, these adjustable components ensure that people of all shapes and sizes can find a comfortable fit, so this chair is a good fit for people who can struggle to find comfort in an office chair.
- Deep-seated and contoured shape designed for lumbar support
- 90 degrees of recline
- Adjustable height
- Adjustable armrests
- Tilt-lock control to prevent chair from tipping over when reclined
- Lightweight aluminum frame for added strength
- Ball bearing, castor wheels roll smoothly on carpet or hardwood
- Expensive for a casual gamer
- Requires minor assembly
Priceis the most expensive in our best gaming chairs guide, it provides everything a hardcore gamer could want. For PC gamers, this chair provides support and comfort on a level that the lower ranked options just can’t match.
3. Cherry Tree Racing Gaming Chair
(4.4 / 5)
This gaming chair is a solid all-around chair for your home office and gaming needs. It’s designed for comfort, with a padded back and neck area, and padded armrests. The faux leather is comfortable enough and accented with an appealing stitching. It’s height adjustable, with a 360-degree swivel, and it has a tilt and lock function. However, it does not have the ability to recline.
What stands out about this chair is the overall build quality. A heavy duty ‘butterfly’ seat plate connected to the frame makes for a really sturdy seat that offers plenty of support. It has thick padding, with a robust frame, creating a gaming chair that looks and feels much more expensive than it actually is.The base and wheels are made of sturdy, hard plastic.
- Synthetic leather is stylish and comfortable, with nice stitching
- Ergonomic design, padded back, neck and arm support
- Easy assembly, no tools required
- Tilting function with lock
- Adjustable height
- Does not recline
- Armrests are not adjustable
Price– This model by Cherry Tree is one of the least expensive best gaming chairs on this list. When you consider the price difference between this chair and some of the others on this list, it’s easy to see why this is a good deal. For casual to moderate office work and gaming, Cherry Tree makes one of the best gaming chairs available. For hardcore gamers, this is a solid choice for those who looking for a reasonably priced racing style chair.
4. Cherry Tree Racing Sport Swivel Office Chair
(4.3 / 5)
This gaming chair could be considered the big brother to the number 3 spot on the list. The Cherry Tree Racing Sport was built with the hardcore gamer in mind. It has a deep, wide seat, with a high back for total lumbar support. It’s a traditional ‘racing’ style chair, as the name implies, which offers support for the whole back and neck area. It has thick padding on the seat and back and also has padded armrests. It’s also height adjustable with a tilt and lock system.
Cherry Tree again goes with a synthetic leather upholstery for this gaming chair. While some synthetic leather is prone to wear and tear, Cherry Tree uses a high-quality material that’s durable as well as stain-resistant. The seat, back, and armrests are neatly stitched, which contrasts nicely against the leather and helps give the chair a sleek and clean appearance.
- High backed design, ‘racing’ style for comfort
- Increased lumbar support
- Padding for comfort throughout seat, backrest, and armrests
- High-quality casters that roll smoothly on all floor types
- Durable and soft synthetic leather upholstery
- Easy assembly
- Stiff tilt and lock mechanism
- Does not recline
Price– As the big brother in the Cherry Tree family, this chair does retail for more than it’s little brother. Compared to the rest of the best gaming chairs guide, it’s still one of the least expensive according to Amazon. It’s still a bargain compared to other chairs of this caliber, and it’s a great option for those wanting a comfortable, high-quality gaming chair.
5. GTFORCE Blaze Sports Racing Chair
(4.3 / 5)
The GTForce Blaze is the perfect chair for long sessions at your desk or gaming station. It has a high back, racing style design with lumbar support and ergonomic padding throughout. It even comes with a removable pillow. Why does it come with a pillow, you ask? Well, this chair steps it up a notch, with a reclining backrest that reclines up to 45 degrees. It also has the usual features of lift, rocking, and tilt. It is mounted on a sturdy metal base. Essentially, this is a tough and durable chair with surprising comfort and support.
This chair also looks the part with a sporty synthetic leather upholstery and a shiny metal base and armrests. You can tell GTForce paid attention to detail too, using detailed stitching and embroidery work. It’s a good example of the overall craftsmanship and build quality of this gaming chair.
- Lumbar support
- Ergonomic, high back racing style
- Bush button reclines up to 45 degrees
- Detachable pillow for extra comfort when reclined
- Premium synthetic leather
- Easy assembly
- Wheels can be squeaky
- Armrest padding could be softer
Price– The GTFORCE Blaze is price wise right in the middle of the other best gaming chairs, which is a fair representation of this chair overall. This chair has everything you want in a racing chair – stylish design, comfortable, and ergonomic for many hours of support. What really stands out is the reclining function and detachable headrests, which are two options not commonly found in even the best gaming chairs.
6. CTF Racing Sport Chair
(4.1 / 5)
As we start entering the higher end range of the gaming chairs, each chair has their own unique feature or design that makes it special and worthy of the best gaming chairs guide. While this chair doesn’t have a detachable headrest, it does have something unseen so far: an extendable leg rest. A padded leg rest situated under the seat can extend out, and combined with the reclinable backrest, you have the ability to lay down almost flat. When not in use, it can be tucked out of the way and it doesn’t take away any leg room.
It is a classic racing chair in style, with a high back and deep seat with extra padding for lumbar support and comfort. The base and castors are made from robust plastic that’s lightweight and plenty strong. It’s height adjustable with tilt and lock control, of course. Surprisingly, the arm rests are not adjustable, which can partly be attributed to the recliner and leg rest comb needing to work in sync.
- Extendable leg rest
- Reclines nearly 90 degrees from upright position
- Luxurious soft upholstery
- High back and deep seat for lumbar support
- Lightweight for a chair of this size
- Non-adjustable armrests
- Due to design and leg rest, this gaming chair is somewhat front-heavy
Price– This gaming chair by CTF is the most expensive racing style chair in this guide. However, it is the most advanced among the racing style chairs, with a reclining backrest and extendable leg rest. For PC gamers, and racing chair lovers, the CTF Racing Sport Chair is a great option offering comfort and style. Looking at the best gaming chairs guide as a whole, this chair would be considered about average price.
7. X-Rocker Vision Pro 2.1 Wireless Gaming Chair
(3.7 / 5)
The X-Rocker Vision Pro is a departure from the traditional recliners and racing chairs in this guide. This is a ‘rocker’ chair by name, but more specifically this chair would be known as a ‘pedestal chair’. The seat rests on a pedestal that allows for a bit of ground clearance and the ability to rock and swivel. The backrest and seat are comfortable and padded, with padded armrests.
This chair also has a number of cool electronic features. It has 2.1 surround sound as well as a subwoofer, which connects wirelessly to any gaming device, TV or PC. It also has a unique rumble feature, which allows the chair to vibrate when your controller does.When you’re not the chair, the backrests folds onto the seat for easy storage. It’s unique design and features make it one of the best gaming chairs for console gamers.
- Unique rocker/pedestal design
- Padded seat and backrest
- 2.1 surround sound with subwoofer
- Wireless audio connection to TV, PC or gaming device
- Rumble feature for further immersion
- Foldable design for convenient storage
- Does not offer the same level of lumbar support as racing/recliner style gaming chairs
- High price tag for a casual gamer
- Not suited for PC gaming or desk work
Price– The X-Rocker is one of the priciest featured in this best gaming chairs guide, but it does incorporate technology unlike any other found in this guide. For an immersive, console gaming experience, the X-Rocker’s features like surround sound and rumble are a nice touch that is unique to this chair.
Gaming Bean Bag Chairs
8. i-eX® Rookie Gaming Chair
(4.9 / 5)
The i-Ex Rookie Gaming Chair is the perfect choice for a young gamer under the age of 12. It has a fun beanbag design, with a supportive back and neck rest. It’s made with comfy synthetic leather and dense foam padding. The bucket seat is also comfortable and convenient for kids.
It’s also easily maneuverable and light enough for kids to move it around as they please. This is an ideal chair for gaming, reading a book, or just relaxing.
- Soft, synthetic leather upholstery
- Classic bean bag style that kids love
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Bucket seat
- Supportive back/neck rect
- Perfect size for kids
- Less sturdy than standard desk or rocker chairs
Price– Considering the i-eX Rookie was designed for kids, it’s no surprise it’s by far the least expensive of the best gaming chairs. For a kid who loves gaming, this chair is the best of both worlds. It’s comfortable, supportive, and easy to move around and play with. Plus, it doubles as a comfy chair for reading or watching TV.
The Best Gaming Chairs – Features to Consider
When buying new gaming chairs, you need to take the following factors into account:
- Features: You need to consider which features are important to you. If you just want a chair that provides excellent comfort, there are plenty of choices. However, if you want something that has built-in speakers and a wireless feature, your options are a bit more limited.
- Price: You need to decide on how much you’re willing to pay and stick to your budget. If you don’t establish this beforehand, you could end up wasting a lot more money on a product that comes with features you don’t even need. Prices range from under £30 to over £150 so it’s important to decide on your budget.
- Style: There are different styles out there so you need to choose one you would prefer. This would really depend on how much space you have at home but essentially you can choose the bean bag style, or the executive style. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages so look carefully and choose wisely.
It’s not easy to find high quality gaming chairs in the UK.
There are plenty of choices out on the market, but it’s very easy to get confused and waste your hard earned money on something that doesn’t perform well.
By now, you should hopefully have a better idea on what features to look out for when buying new gaming chairs.
We have tested all of the above gaming chairs in great detail and can assure you that they are all of top quality.
The best thing to do is decide on your requirements and then read the best gaming chairs reviews to find gaming chairs based on the required features.
As mentioned earlier, it’s always a good idea to have a fixed budget beforehand. Priced tend to vary greatly, so you will be able to find something that is top quality no matter what your budget.